Family Learning Center
Trident Area Agency on Aging cares about the health of the family caregiver. The Family Learning Center provides you with information on specific care giving topics to improve your life and the life of the individual you are caring for.
If you are a daily unpaid family caregiver and you need respite (a short break in your care giving duties) we may be able to help. The Family Caregiver Support Program provides support to caregivers, call 843-554-2275 to speak with an advocate or read more about the program and how to apply.
The Family Learning Center is an online training center that contains courses for individuals who are providing care to their loved ones.
Caring for a spouse, parent or loved one takes time, effort and work. Family caregivers face challenges such as not knowing what t expect, what to do, or even how to react.
The Family Learning Center contains over 50 videos, self-paced courses, and articles on topics including:
- how to assist in the activities of daily living
- Alzheimer’s, dementia, and memory care
- safety, fall prevention, and first aid
- nutrition and meal preparation
- exercise and maintaining mobility
- infection prevention and control
- measuring vital signs and documentation
- managing medications and prescriptions
- body systems and the aging process
- fun and meaningful activities
- handling difficult behaviors
- managing caregiver stress
- end of life care
We know the life of a caregiver is busy. Register and participate on your schedule!